Re: A couple of problems with version 4.0.2

On Jul 19,  6:33pm, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
} Subject: RE: A couple of problems with version 4.0.2
}
} >     The last is just a suggestion: I want to use zsh instead of ash
} > in a special linux bootdisk we have at work, but the maintainer of
} > that disk has said to me that the editing keybindings in zsh cannot
} > be removed and that they occupy a lot.
}
} Strictly speaking, they are autoloaded if zsh runs interactive. But if
} corresponding modules do not exist, zsh will run without. What I do not
} like is error message:
}
} bor@itsrm2% zsh -f
} zsh: failed to load module: zsh/zle

If you compile zsh without the zle module, rather than compiling it with
and then removing the dynamic library, you don't get any complaint.

} I do not know if it possible to put zsh on a floppy. On my system (not a
} ix86 and with debugging):
}
} bor@itsrm2% size =zsh
} /tools/bin/zsh: 796300 + 58864 + 2525272 = 3380436

A static link, with ONLY the zsh/main module, stripped but compiled with
-g (so non-optimized code):

 448879   12576   66808  528263   80f87 Src/zsh

That's still about 1/3 of the available space on a floppy.