Re: Where to add extra libraries for modules

On 22 Jul 2001, Fletch wrote:

>         I'm fairly sure that perl defaults to building a static
> libperl.a unless you tell it otherwise.  And if it does, I'm pretty
> sure that it adds the apropriate -R... flags to set the ld.so search
> path.

Yes, I know. You miss my point. First, I have no idea if these flags have
any effect when building *shared object* as opposed to building
*executable*. Second, we may already have something in LD_RUN_PATH that
needs to be combined with Perl. That cannot be done inside a Makefile and
needs external linker script (libtool? :-) Third, why do you think it is
-R flag? You are speaking about Linux that is porgrammers paradise -
everything works as it should. Other systems may not be as user friendly.

-andrej