Re: Dedication

Oliver Kiddle wrote:
>Many books include a dedication at their start

Books get dedicated to particular individuals closely known to the author,
not to huge groups of strangers.

>                                                     Sport is as
>unrelated to politics yet there are events cancelled and Ferraris
>driving around yesterday in plain red and a black nose.

People are taking this "mark of respect" thing too far.  Wasn't a
continent-wide three minutes silence enough?  The sporting effects are
uncalled for.

Despite my expressed opinion on the idea of a dedication, if we do decide
to do an "all developers" dedication then I don't object to being included
in that.

-zefram