Re: zsh 4.0.2 (powerpc-apple-darwin1.4)

Chris Gehlker wrote:
>I'm a rank newbie but I got zsh 4.0.2 to build on Darwin1.4/Mac OSX 10.1 by
>commenting out two lines in the makefile that configure generated. The two
>lines were:
>
># LIBLDFLAGS      =  -s
># EXELDFLAGS      =  -s
>
>In the compilation section.

configure goes to some effort to avoid using the -s flag where that
wouldn't work.  Could you send us the complete output from the configure
script?

>Make install didn't seem to to be set up for Darwin so I installed the
>binaries and man pages by copping them over the zsh 3.0.8 equivalents which
>comes installed with Darwin. This was basically putting the binaries in /bin
>and the man pages in /usr/share/man/man1/

Are these locations the only thing that was wrong in the generated
Makefiles?  If so, you can arrange for "make install" to do what you
want by invoking configure as

	./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --exec-prefix=

-zefram