Re: ChangeLog formatting?

On Oct 23,  4:37pm, Wayne Davison wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Adam Spiers wrote:
> > Would be nice to have a convention for cvs commit log messages too.
>
> In what way were you thinking?  I'd be cautious of too much
> conformance, but some basic guidelines could be useful.

For zsh, I generally try to keep my commit log messages less than one line
long so I can easily pass them in the -m option of "cvs commit".  If you
want the full story, read the ChangeLog.

Normally I'd just let CVS bring up the editor for each directory and type a
description of each file as they're shown to me, but I'm committing to the
cvs.zsh.sf.net server over a slow enough link that I get timeouts if I don't
keep the messages very brief and let the whole process run in one swoop.