Core dump bug in ZSH version 3.0.7

I accidentally pasted a python program into zsh and it crashed it, saying "Memory fault (core dumped)". I cut down the offending python code to the following three lines, all of which seem to be required to cause the bug:

if (len(sys.argv) > 1) :
mask = (1 << string.atoi(sys.argv[1])) - 1
key = string.atoi(sys.argv[2])

When I put these lines in a file, I can crash zsh by either 'zsh bad-file' or, from within zsh, '. bad-file'. In both cases it prints

command not found: len(sys.argv) [1]
parse error near `)' [2]
Memory fault (core dumped)

This is happening in zsh version 3.0.7.  Uname -a returns

Linux aleph 2.2.16-3 #1 Mon Jun 19 19:11:44 EDT 2000 i686 unknown

--Carl Feynman
Ab Initio Software Corporation