Re: problems with RANDOM in subshells

On Jan 31,  3:46am, Zefram wrote:
} Subject: Re: problems with RANDOM in subshells
}
} The shell is probably a good place to put an entropy collector; on systems
} like Linux that have /dev/random we can just use the kernel device,
} but on other systems the shell is still in a position to see a lot of
} unpredictable timing data, so we can make randomness reliably available
} to shell scripts on all Unices.  (Does Perl have such a module yet?)

According to search.cpan.org:

Statistics-MaxEntropy-0.9 by Hugo WL ter Doest Released 26th November 1998