Re: ssh completion problem

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, [iso-8859-1] Oliver Kiddle wrote:

> Suppose that an outer tag loop separately completes several labels for
> a tag and that there is an inner tag loop for which there is a defined
> tag-order. It can't then be known in the inner loop if matches are
> added for a tag because it might be ignoring matches for a different
> label which are added after it back-tracks to the outer tags loop and
> then down to the inner loop with a new tag label. Without this
> knowledge, the inner loop can't know whether to allow tags which appear
> later in the tag-order to be completed.
>
> Using a tags loop in _combination runs in to problems with this. The
> following patch appears to work:
>
> -local sep tag style keys pats key num tmp
> +local sep tag style keys pats key num tmp expl i all ret=1
>
> +  _my_accounts() {
> +    _wanted hosts expl host compadd "$@" -a tmp
> +  }
>
> -  compadd "$@" -a tmp || { (( $+functions[_$key] )) && "_$key" "$@" }
> +  _tags "$tag" "not-$tag"
> +  while _tags; do
> +    (( $+functions[_$key] )) &&
> +        _requested "not-$tag" expl 'ignore' "_$key" "$@" && ret=0
> +    _requested "$tag" expl '' _my_accounts "$@" && ret=0
> +    (( ret )) || break
> +  done
>
> More by luck than judgement however as looking up the tag-order with
> the my-accounts tag is clearing _comp_ignore. The little _my_accounts
> function is then needed so that we get one last _next_label loop to
> separate the hosts out again.

I tried this patch, and it doesn't seem to help.  That is, if I have a
tag-order style, I get the same behavior as the old _combination: it
completes the user part of the users-hosts from my-accounts, but then
offers all possible hosts as completions for what comes after the @.

Is there something else I should be doing, or was that patch not meant
to solve my problem?