Re: PATCH: Re: zsh: can't find terminal definition on vt100

On Feb 12,  5:16pm, Zefram wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: Re: zsh: can't find terminal definition on vt100
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > #ifdef TGETENT_ACCEPTS_NULL
} >+# ifdef TGETENT_ZERO_SUCCESS
} >+# else
} >+# endif
} > #else
} > #endif
}
} Surely these two conditions are orthogonal

Theoretically, yes; practically, no.  TGETENT_ZERO_SUCCESS only applies
to a slightly twisted interpretation of the X/Open standard, as far as
I know; and that same implementation does accept a NULL buffer, as far
as I know.

} -- your configure tests are orthogonal --

Only because it was easier to write them that way ...

} Or, of course, make it clearer by defining macros for TGETENT_SUCCESS etc.

I would have done that if there'd been more than one place in the code
where they were needed.

Based on previous discussions, there may already be macros for this in
the HP-UX curses package; but I don't know, and don't have access to it.
I haven't committed the patch and it'd be better if somebody who does
have HP-UX 11 does so, or at least posts a revised and known-working
patch.