Re: completion differences between shells writeup

On Feb 20,  3:14pm, John Beppu wrote:
} Subject: Re: completion differences between shells writeup
}
} [...]  I'd really like to learn how
} to create my own program-specific completions, but
} before I do that, I think I'd probably have to provide
} a short overview of some of zsh's scripting abilities
} (that aren't found in /bin/sh).
}
} Any references would be greatly appreciated.

Check out PWS's user guide:

http://www.pwstephenson.fsnet.co.uk/computing/zshguide.html

} PS: I'd like to try zftp out, but I have no idea how
}     enable it.  Yes, I've RTFM'd, and I've concluded
}     that I didn't compile the zftp module when I built
}     zsh, but when I run ./configure --help, there's no
}     --enable-zftp option, so I'm kinda lost...  help.

So what you're saying is that "zmodload zsh/zftp" fails?

And/or that you've tried

	autoload -U zfinit
	zfinit

without success?

The zftp module should be built whenever you chose to have a dynamically
linked zsh ("configure --enable-dynamic", which should be the default).
If you configured with --disable-dynamic, the zftp module (and several
others) will not be compiled or linked unless you make some edits to the
config.modules file.  Instructions are in the "INSTALL" file under the
heading "Adding and removing modules".  I'm not aware of any other
conditional compilation of zftp.