Re: PATCH: print -f with -s/-z

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 09:39:03PM +0300, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:

> > +/* this is defined so we get the prototype for open_memstream */
> > +#define _GNU_SOURCE 1
> > +
>
> It is a bit weird to define it unconditionally even on a system that has
> nothing to do with GNU.
>
> If some extra steps are needed to pull in prototype for open_memstream I
> prefer configure to test for them instead.

I could put #ifdef HAVE_OPEN_MEMSTREAM around it if that would be less
weird? I'd have thought that _GNU_SOURCE was going to be ignored on
any non-GNU system and so would be harmless.

That define is the only step I know of for pulling in the prototype
(other than explicitly writing the prototype) and I can't think how
any configure test could more directly test for it.

Oliver

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.