Re: PATCH: zsh/pcre module building

В Втр, 19.03.2002, в 04:29, Bart Schaefer написал:
> On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Clint Adams wrote:
>
> > Here's a different method to avoid linking the zsh binary against
> > libpcre.
>
> So if I comprehend what's going on here correctly, this links the zsh/pcre
> module against libpcre, but doesn't link the zsh binary against it?
>
> This seems like a good thing.  Could it perhaps also be applied to the
> termcap and terminfo modules?

I have been thinking about it before, just some comments

- I hoped to create implementation that would share configure cache and
make is possible to list help from every module's configure script using
top-level configure --help and pass parameters to every module's
configure script using top-level configure. Using stock autoconf it is
possible only with fixed number of sub-scripts; but may be it is enough
(we may distribute zsh in this way and for developers additional script
that would create needed definitions for modules).

- linking shared object with dynamic library is not portable. May be it
works on every modern system nowadays, I do not know.

-andrej