Re: Zsh 3 and ${1+"$@"} (Was: [GNU Autoconf 2.53] testsuite.log: 126 failures)

On Apr 9, 12:30pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} By the way, I'm sure this is horribly incomplete at best --- and
} paramsubst() is too grotesque for me to understand it --- but, just so I
} understand what is going on, what is the problem with (deliberately
} expanded the context):

Re-read the comment: "this leaves the unquoted substrings unsplit."  If
you turn off spbreak there, then ${=1+some words here} becomes broken.

} Index: Src/subst.c
} ===================================================================
}  		/*
}  		 * This is not good enough for sh emulation!  Sh would
}  		 * split unquoted substrings, yet not split quoted ones
}  		 * (except according to $@ rules); but this leaves the
}  		 * unquoted substrings unsplit, and other code below
}  		 * for spbreak splits even within the quoted substrings.
}  		 */
}  		multsub(&val, (aspar ? NULL : &aval), &isarr, NULL);
}  		copied = 1;
} +		if (spbreak == 1)
} +		    spbreak = 0;
}  	    }