Re: _mount linux centric?

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Jason Price wrote:

> Mainly because the same file is called /etc/mntab rather than /etc/mtab.

It's mnttab that's Solaris-centric, not _mount that's linux-centric.
There are lots of other platforms that use mtab.

> I'm not good enough to translate the function.

I don't know what $OSTYPE is set to on Solaris 8 (I only have access to
an old SunOS 5.5 machine), but I suspect the `freesbsd*' clause in the
`case "$OSTYPE"' statement near the end of _mount will work just as well
on Solaris, so just add an appropriate word to that pattern.

And then let us know what the appropriate word is, so we can include it in
the distribution.