Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: completion in quotes - " vs ' - no suffix added
- X-seq: zsh-workers 17142
- From: "Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: completion in quotes - " vs ' - no suffix added
- Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:33:20 +0000
- In-reply-to: <15583.34740.981994.404489@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <6134254DE87BD411908B00A0C99B044F02E89A8C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <15576.54689.459113.686818@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <6134254DE87BD411908B00A0C99B044F02E89A73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <15577.7296.682622.411849@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <1020508153855.ZM7837@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <15583.34740.981994.404489@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <6134254DE87BD411908B00A0C99B044F02E89A8C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On May 13, 11:30am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} (Also sorry for being so bone-headed. Ahem.)
} Because a quoting a single quote inserts more single quotes. This
} wasn't even handled correctly (in the case that there was one quoted
} single quote in the string) by get_comp_string().
} The patch below should fix it. At least it does for the pretty
} complicated cases I tried.
On May 13, 2:14pm, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:
} I do not see any difference with this patch. As before, listing
} pathnames with spaces in single quotes correctly adds slash to
} directories and in double quotes adds nothing.
I see slashes getting added to directories in double quotes:
a\ b a\ d/ don't stop/ rmthat/
schaefer<506> ls "a<TAB><TAB>
schaefer<506> ls "a\\
a\\ d/ a\\ b
And then going on:
schaefer<506> ls "a\\ <TAB>
schaefer<506> ls "a\\ d/<TAB>
schaefer<506> ls "a\\ b"
One oddity is that typing the closing quote after `ls "a\\ d/' does not
auto-remove the slash, but I don't think that's strictly a bug.
Bart Schaefer Brass Lantern Enterprises
Zsh: http://www.zsh.org | PHPerl Project: http://phperl.sourceforge.net
Messages sorted by: