Re: Mandrake patch for "make it work on serial ports"

On Sep 6,  3:43pm, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:
}
} The following patch is currently used on Mandrake (attached for
} zsh-workers). It basically always opens input in non-blocking mode. I am
} really interested to know when this patch is needed. Having open block on
} lack of carrier is perfectly sensible and long-adopted approach...

My only guess is that they want the shell to get all the way through its
initialization and not block until the first actual read from the tty.
This must be so that a zsh script can be used as a listener of some sort
on the serial line?