Re: Using zsh in gcc compilation

"David Gómez" wrote:
> Yes, you're right. And i think i now why. The output of genmultilib is
> different when executed by zsh or bash. It seems genmultilib use the
> $options variable to store the first positional parameter to
> genmultilib, and i'm sure you've guessed it, $options is already
> defined by zsh. I'm going to test multilib now with a different name
> instead of options, but i'm pretty sure this it's what is causing
> the problem.

That's extremely plausible --- `on' occurs very frequently in $options.

But that implies the zsh/parameter module is loaded.  It shouldn't be
doing this by default in sh emulation.  You might want to check what
startup scripts are being executed for sh mode (running with the option
-x should show this).

I'm not sure if there's a general way round this.  We would look to move
towards separate namespaces, but that needs someone to do the work.
It's a shame we didn't initially use names like zsh_options instead.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.