Re: Make test failes on HPUX11

Stephen Kitchener wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have compiled zsh 4.0.6 on an HPUX11 machine, all looks ok, but when I
> do a 'make test' if hangs on ./Y01completion.ztst: starting.
>
> Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this or can I ignore it and
> proceed with the make install ?

My guess is that this is something to do with the zsh/pty module which is
used to test completion since it's tied to interactive behaviour.  `pty'
isn't a part of the core shell, and it's quite hairy to get it to work
on all flavours of UNIX, so I would have said it's OK to ignore the
failure.

Obviously it would also be nice to work out what's going wrong.
However, I don't think any of us in these parts use HPUX at the moment.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.