Re: bash convert: new completion system skeleton?

--- Clemens Fischer <ino-qc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> sorry, i've been googling and even searching freshmeat (returns more
> then 100 bash-related projects!) for this "bash-completion" project.
>
> could someone please post the URL?  maybe i can send them something
> they don't already have.
Not sure why you didn't find it, maybe the dash:
Home page:
http://www.caliban.org/bash/index.shtml#completion
Freshmeat project page:  (Contains comments, including some by Oliver and other
Zsh-workers)
http://freshmeat.net/projects/bashcompletion/?topic_id=253%2C884%2C861

> btw, has somebody pointers to the "Reactive Keyboard"?  i have a
> severly hacked version that doesn't want to run on my freebsd, and
> the version i could make to run was slow and the code was ugly.  but
> its prediction (by looking at the history of what a user types)
> worked astonishingly well.
The most active version seems to be: ( I didn't look too hard.)  The latest
development on this version is from March 2000.
http://www.csoft.net/~dummy/robert/software/rk.shtml

It is originally from University of Calgary by John J. Darragh and Ian Witten.
They have some papers and a book as part of a PhD.  Though there hasn't been
much development by the original developers, since the early 1990s.
Some links:
http://pharos.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/Dienst/UI/2.0/Describe/ncstrl.ucalgary_cs/1989-343-05
http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~ihw/publications.html

It would be great if someone wanted to make the prediction code a zsh module so
prediction could be native to zsh.

-FR.

-FR.