Re: printf and POSIX compliance

Stephane CHAZELAS wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 07:26:11PM +0100, DervishD wrote:
> > > http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007904975/utilities/printf.html
> > > that, according to POSIX:
> >
> >     That is Single Unix Specification, not POSIX, am I wrong?
>
> I must confess I've not understood all of this imbroglio of
> obscure specifications, but had the rough idea this SUS was a
> step forward after POSIX. Well, it's also an IEEE (or maybe Open
> Group registered at IEEE???) document and it's publicly
> available.

The Austin Group which is revising the standard is steering it through
IEEE, SUS and ISO procedures.  If I've followed the developments
correctly, the 2002 version available at the Open Group site is now
approved by all relevant bodies, with identical wording.

Unfortunately we're a bit erratic at following it; nobody's really got
the time to keep track of it in detail.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
prohibited.
delete the material from any computer.