zsh - hpux 11i backspace does not work

Hi,

I have just sent another email about a different bug to this list (sub:
zsh - hpux 11i prompt does not work). I don't know if both my bugs are
related. I am sending 2 emails just to avoid clutter.

I use zsh on hpux. I have noticed a problem with zsh and hpux version
11i. I have tried zsh versions 3.0.5 and 4.0.4 with the same results.
Both versions display the problem mentioned below on hpux 11i and both
don't have the problem on hpux 10.20.

The problem is that the backspace key does not erase characters as I
type. Now, I am not too dumb to not know stty. The same stty settings
work with every other shell / interactive software. The very same
setting work fine on hpux 10.20.

I will give you a sample output. In this, I will type the `a' key,
followed by the backspace key, followed by the `b' key followed by the
enter key. Here is a cut-paste from my terminal:
$ a b
zsh: command not found: b
$ echo $TERM
dtterm
$ stty -a
speed 9600 baud; line = 0;
rows = 24; columns = 80
min = 0; time = 0;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^H; kill = ^U
eof = ^D; eol = ^@; eol2 = ^@; swtch = ^@
stop = ^S; start = ^Q; susp = ^Z; dsusp = ^@
werase = ^@; lnext = ^@
parenb -parodd cs8 -cstopb hupcl cread -clocal -loblk -crts
-ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl
-iuclc
ixon -ixany ixoff -imaxbel -rtsxoff -ctsxon -ienqak
isig icanon -iexten -xcase echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh
echoctl -echoprt echoke -flusho -pendin
opost -olcuc onlcr -ocrnl -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel -tostop
$

A similar problem is the the cursor keys don't work while editing stuff
typed at the prompt. In the following cut-paste, I type `a' followed by
left arrow, followed by `b' followed by enter:
$ aba
zsh: correct 'ba' to 'bs' [nyae]? n
zsh: command not found: ba
$

Similar things happen with M-b. (I work in emacs editing mode).
line kill, ^U, works fine.

Any suggestions as to what could be going wrong / what I could do to
investigate further / what information I should provide to help you
figure what is going on?

Thanks.

-- Manish
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.