Re: zsh - hpux 11i prompt does not work

Manish Ahluwalia wrote:

> Bart Schaefer wrote:
<snip>

> >           Some of the special keys on the keyboard (backspace, delete)
> >           have been found to stop functioning.  One suggested fix is
> >           to alter the way the curses library is linked in the Makefile.
> >           Replacing `-lcurses' with `-lHcurses -lcurses' in the
> > libraries
> >           is reported to fix.  An attempt to fix this in configure
> >           is apparently ineffective; more information would be
> > appreciated
> >           as the maintainers do not have access to an HP-UX system.
>
> Thanks a lot. I didn't see this section in my Etc/MACHINES (4.0.6), but
> I tried the suggestion anyway, and it works!
>
> I did not try the configure patch given below, I modified the generated
> Makefile.
>
> Is there someway I can help you guys figure out a fix for this that
> works (say by trying out the patch?).
>
> Please cc your reply to me as I am not a member of the zsh-workers list.
>

> > The "apparently ineffective" configure patch (actually for the file
> > zshconfig.ac) is:
<snip>

I tried the patch, and got:

% ./Util/preconfig
cd . && ./.preconfig
autoconf: Undefined macros:
***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_CYGWIN
***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_EXEEXT
***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_SEARCH_LIBS
***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_SEARCH_LIBS
***BUG in Autoconf--please report*** AC_SEARCH_LIBS
./Util/preconfig: ./.preconfig failed (status 1)

-- Manish
Always and never are two words you must always remember to never use.