Re: zsh-4.0.7 memory fault in IRIX 6.5

On Sep 9,  8:30am, Joachim Backes wrote:
}
} if I have an (very old) /etc/zshenv with the contents
}
}         setopt shwordsplit

I can't imagine anything that would confuse zsh users more (I can think
of a few that would confuse them just as badly) but I suppose if you are
the only one on the system ...

} then zsh dies directly after start with "memory fault". The reason
} seems to be the (invalid ??) contents of /etc/zshenv.

Does it matter _what_ the contents are?  That is, if you change it to
something other than 'setopt shwordsplit' does it still crash?

Just because I have it in the SGI section of my own .zshenv, try this
as the very first thing in /etc/zshenv:

if [[ -n "$ENVONLY" ]]
then
    unsetopt zle