Re: Problem with an exported array

DervishD wrote:

>     then 'man' works OK. Am I doing something wrong or is just that
> arrays cannot be exported? BTW I'm using zsh 4.0.7

Arrays cannot be exported.

Not so much a zsh limitation as a limitation in the way Unix stores the
environment.

There are hacks which could allow us to represent arrays in it but not
in a way programs like man could be expected to understand.

ksh (88 and 93) seem to export just the first element for an exported
array so you might argue we should do that.

Oliver