Re: Problem with an exported array

Peter wrote:
> Bart Schaefer wrote:
> > Why not make it fully general, e.g.
> >
> > 	typeset -T -S ' ' PAGER pager
>
> As I said before, there's nowhere in struct param to store the
> character; else it's not that hard.  Maybe you can see a trick.

It would probably be better to use this syntax though even if we have to
restrict the separator to space and colon for the time being until the
parameter code is more flexible.

-d would probably be a better choice than -S though (consistent with
read and externals like cut).

As for the ct suggestion, I'm not sure which I'm less likely to need: a
separator other than space and colon or field widths on a tied array. I
think I may have wanted a semi-colon once on Cygwin but we do risk
breaking existing scripts.

Oliver