Re: [OT] I may be off-list for a while ...

    Hi zsh people :)

 * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> Claus Alboege, friendly sunsite staffer, apologized for the unintended
> change in confirmation policy, says it has been returned to the previous
> state, and identified for me which blocklists sunsite is using.

    In fact, I think that sunsite.dk does a pretty good job with
their mailing lists, and they're so kind of hosting this list, we all
zsh users benefit from, so the following must not be taken as an
attack against the sunsite.dk people, ¿ok?

    We have had spam problems (currently solved), access problems
(the qconfirm thing has bitten a few), etc... and I think I may have
a solution. I don't mean that sunsite.dk is a bad list manager, but
we can port the list to another host: elistas.net

    I have a few lists there (a linux one, a penfriend one, etc...),
and I even used this for hosting a list for the enterprise I was
working for. There are lots of features, the lists go pretty well and
the prize is low (and I'll pay it anyway, so this is not an issue).

    If you want, I can answer all your questions about elistas.net (I
think that the information on the website is only in spanish, so...)
and their features, and I can maintain the list and pay for it if you
all want to port it, not now, but at any time in the future), but I
*won't* moderate the list. This should be done by the zsh maintainers
IMHO. Feel free to ask any question about this, and please note that
I'm in no way related with elistas.net, it just happens that I have
some list there for more than three years and I haven't had any
problem with them.

    Excuse me for being repetitive, but this has nothing to do with
the sunsite.dk people, who kindly hosts this list and provide us with
a very good service and make our zsh-experience better. I don't want
to offend you, truly.

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736