Re: (Fwd) segfault with pcre_study alone

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 07:05:28PM +0100, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> Also, shouldn't you initialise pcre_pattern to NULL where it is
> declared since we are now relying on the compiler to initialise it to
> null by doing this.

It's a static variable, so the C standard guarantees that it will be
initialized to NULL by default.  Some folks like to explicitly
initialize static variables anyway, just for clarity, but it's not
required (and wouldn't change the code produced by the compiler).

..wayne..