zpty on Mac OS X 10.2

I tried the Macs at Sourceforge.  They claim to be be `Mac OS X 10.1'
and `Mac OS X 10.2'.  On the second uname -a gives `Darwin
ppc-osx2.cf.sourceforge.net 6.8 Darwin Kernel Version 6.8: Wed Sep 10
15:20:55 PDT 2003; root:xnu/xnu-344.49.obj~2/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh
powerpc'.  I don't know the relationship between Darwin and Mac OS X.

There appears to be no /dev/ptmx, so we are back in the ad-hoc stuff.
I couldn't see any evidence of STREAMS having been around, but the
documentation is a little thin.

There's special handling for Free BSD in zpty.c.  Here, however, cpp has
the following predefines (from cpp -dM):

#define __MACH__ 1
#define __POWERPC__ 1
#define __NATURAL_ALIGNMENT__ 1
#define __STDC_HOSTED__ 1
#define __NO_INLINE__ 1
#define __APPLE__ 1
#define __ppc__ 1
#define __GNUC__ 1
#define __DYNAMIC__ 1
#define __BIG_ENDIAN__ 1

Does it help to turn the #ifdef __FreeBSD__ in zpty.c into
#if defiend(__FreeBSD__) || defined(__APPLE__)

?

(The other Mac gives a similar list but this time I had to use `cc -E
-dM /dev/null' to get it.  That doesn't work in the previous case.)

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com