Re: zlogout not finishing when errors

Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> [zsh 4.1.1]
>
> If have put some "cp" commands in my .zlogout. Some files are
> sometimes "nonexistant" - depending on the host and the mounts. So I
> simply wanted to redirect stderr to /dev/null.
>
> To my surprise when of these commands errors ("cp nonexistant_file
> destination") the rest of .zlogout is not read. So I had to put a "if
> [[ -r $file ]]" into .zlogout to make this file finish until the end.

I can't reproduce this (with 4.2.0).

  % cat ~/.zlogout
  cp nonexistent foo
  print This line has been executed.
  % zsh -l
  % exit
  cp: cannot stat `nonexistent': No such file or directory
  This line has been executed.

Are you sure there isn't a `setopt errexit' lurking somewhere?

pws

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com