Re: zsh and line breaks

"Peter A. Castro" wrote:
> Ok, see attached diff of the following files.  These are primarily Cygwin
> specific fixes, but some could be considdered generic:
>
> Doc/Makefile.in - A little correction to the texi2html command
>                   args and a fix to the install.html target to use sdir.
> Src/builtin.c - Prevent from constructing "//path".
> Src/exec.c    - change read to use actual length instead of stat'd length.
> Src/main.c    - added Cygwin premain hook to deal with Text related I/O.
> Src/system.h  - add #include of <sys/cygwin.h>.
> configure     - change DLLD & DLLDFLAGS to not use dllwrap
> configure.ac  - change DLLD & DLLDFLAGS to not use dllwrap

Thanks, I've committed this apart from the texi2html hunk.

It's possible opening all files in text mode will cause problems
elsewhere, e.g. on file descriptors passed to external programmes, but
the text/binary problem is inescapable; we probably need to wait and
see.  We can always invent grotesqueries like <#myfile.bin if it becomes
necessary.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com