Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [ejb@xxxxxx: Bug#243385: zsh: rsync completion expands * too soon]
- X-seq: zsh-workers 19773
- From: Clint Adams <schizo@xxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [ejb@xxxxxx: Bug#243385: zsh: rsync completion expands * too soon]
- Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:55:24 -0400
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxx, 243385@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ejb@xxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <1040413174453.ZM21002@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20040413012117.GA9729@xxxxxxxxxxx> <200404130137.i3D1b5CW004764@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20040413021931.GA10355@xxxxxxxxxxx> <200404131617.i3DGHX7s031305@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <1040413174453.ZM21002@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
[This message probably contains no content of interest to anyone
who doesn't care about the Debian BTS or Debian's packaging of zsh]
> [I don't know whether ejb will see this, because I don't know if he's
> subscribed to zsh-uses and I suspect bugs.debian.org is going to reject
> my mail because I'm on a DSL line. We'll see ...]
bugs.debian.org accepts mail from nearly everyone, on the principle that
people shouldn't have to jump through hoops to report problems. Or
Assuming ejb is still not on the mailing lists (he wasn't last round),
he, as a submitter, would not get your reply unless he were Cc'd, the
object of an X-Debbugs-Cc header, or the message were sent to
nnnnnn-submitter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, where nnnnnn is the bug number.
Since your message did go though to the bug log as well as the
zsh-workers list, he can now read it by going to
http://bugs.debian.org/243385 , requesting a copy via the email
interface, or checking the zsh-workers ML archives.
> Your previous patch was not applied to the "official" zsh sources (I
> don't know about the Debian repackaging). Instead a patch that added
> quoting was done, very similar to what Clint posted for _rsync. (The
> -L option *did* get added to the "ls" in _ssh.) So _ssh *does* have
The Debian repackaging contains the same version as in CVS HEAD.
If anyone is interested, the Debian tree has been in Arch
for a while now. You can check out a copy by doing the following
(assuming you use tla)
% tla register-archive zsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx \
% tla get zsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/zsh--debian
At present, the only differences from 4.2.0 are
2004-03-25 Clint Adams <clint@xxxxxxx>
* 19691: Completion/Unix/Type/_diff_options: Allow more than
one --exclude or -x to diff.
2004-03-23 Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx>
* 19661: Danek Duvall: Completion/Unix/Type/_diff_options:
support diff -u on Solaris from 2.10 up.
2004-03-22 Clint Adams <clint@xxxxxxx>
* 19673: Peter Palfrader: Completion/Unix/Command/_cvs:
tags can contain the + character.
2004-03-20 Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxx>
* 19666 (tweaked): Completion/Unix/Command/_ssh: fixes for remote
file completion for scp, suggested by Jay Berkenbilt <ejb@xxxxxx>.
* users/7172: Functions/Prompts/prompt_bart_setup: include "unset"
among the localoptions, as this relies on it.
Messages sorted by: