Re: Compsys and KSH_AUTOLOAD

Bart Schaefer wrote:
> (1) Does this deserve a FAQ entry, or perhaps even a change to the
> compsys documentation?  I guess ksh_autoload isn't a very "frequently"
> used option, but even the existing paragraph in the manual about it not
> working is pretty deeply buried.

It's already documented, fairly well down the manual page.

       Note also that the functions for the completion system assume
       that the KSH_AUTOLOAD option is not set.  They cannot be loaded
       if it is set.  To avoid having to unset KSH_AUTOLOAD, you can
       instead use one or more zwc file(s) that have been created with
       the command zcompile â??z to load the functions for the completion
       system; see zshbuiltins(1).  This forces the functions to be
       autoloaded the way zsh normally loads funcâ??tions.

> (2) Should we change _comp_options to always include NO_kshautoload?

Seems sensible, in view of the above.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Work: pws@xxxxxxx