Re: pcre-module

> Did i misinterpete that last sentence to mean that you wanted to give us
> your (?) pcre-module again in debian?

Yes, it's included with the zsh-beta package.  What's keeping it out of
the zsh package is a hack so that the main zsh binary (and other
modules) don't depend on libpcre.  I intend to get to this before
sarge's release.

> cite:
> "Are you aware that zsh modules can define condition codes that can be
> used inside [[ ... ]]? The completion module defines a -prefix
> condition for example. This could be much nicer than the current
> interface which is just a mapping onto the C calls. We'd be able to do:
>   if [[ value -pcre-anchored pattern ]]; then
> "
>
> if i see correctly that is possible with the 4.2 version? (correct?)
> and - if that is possible - is it documented?

It's currently possible to do this:

if [[ value -pcre-match pattern ]]; then

Any perlre backreferences in the pattern will go into the $match array.
I thought I had written documentation for it, but perhaps I was
hallucinating.