Re: PATCH: (3) Re: FreeBSD compatability feature request

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 08:45:30PM -0500, Vincent Stemen wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 10:26:24PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> > Patch to apply on top of previous goes to attempt to handle TRAPS_ASYNC
> > the way I think is intended.  It's basically an `if' with a
> > sigemptyset() inside it, hope no one was expecting anything sophisticated.
> >
> > It doesn't fix the behaviour I noted, that without the option any child
> > exiting, not just the one the shell is currently expecting, causes traps
> > to be run.  Probably that's not a big issue; I should really check the
> > wording of POSIX.
> >
> > So I think that's it... Vincent?
>
> Hi Peter.
>
> I applied the patch and, unfortunately, it did not seem to change the
> behavior at all under FreeBSD.  It still waits for the child to exit
> before processing the signal in the parent even though "set -T" is
> used.  Does your patch work under Linux using the two small test
> scripts, sigtrap, and sigblock, that I posted the other day?

I take that back.  My mistake.  I accidently tested it running as zsh
so it was not in sh compatibility mode.  It does appear to work
correctly.  Thank you very much.  I will do some more testing with the
FreeBSD init scripts and let you know if I encounter any other
problems.

Regards,
Vincent

--
Vincent Stemen
Avoid the VeriSign/Network Solutions domain registration trap!