Re: print and floating point output

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 02:18:39PM +0100, Peter Stephenson:
> Matthias Kopfermann wrote:
> > > If you are doing serious floating point work, unfortunately you need to
> > > understand something about rounding errors, which are a tricky and
> > > ever-present feature.
> >
> > I learned that here.
>
> Good lesson!  The principle of least surprise is best satisfied by not
> trusting rounding errors.

it only _depends_ on what the user is expecting.
And _I_ just expected the output of zcalc, python, ruby, perl
and bc when using print with this example. :)

And it's only _default_ we are talking about.
So I am not convinced now but I of course respect this
decision.

        Matthias