Re: prompt redhat and suse change promptsubst

Am Donnerstag, dem 20. Mai 2004 um 23:41 Uhr, Matthias Kopfermann:
> What's the reason for unsetting promptsubst with
> prompt redhat or with
> prompt suse after doing autoload promptinit && promptinit.
> Both unset my existing setopt promptsubst.

Perhaps I should add:
`setopt promptsubst' does affect the _right_ prompt which is
not set by `prompt redhat' nor with `prompt suse'.
Plus:
[knoppix@NomenEstOmen ~]\$
                        ^ on purpose?

A friend of mine told me that the redhat-defaultprompt of
_bash_ does change when in the home-directory of the user.
it doesn't show the ~ then but shows the name of the user.
I cannot verify that one using debian here.

        Matthias