Re: zsh 4.2.0 dumping core on completion attempt

--- Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It probably just needs:
> 	 (!o->word || !strncmp(o->word, n->word, o->wlen))) ||
> changing to:
>          (!o->word || !n->word || !strncmp(o->word, n->word, o->wlen))) ||

I tried this change, and it prevents the core dump.

> We've got o->word == "xmmap", n->word == NULL and o->wlen == n->wlen.
> So it might be a bug elsewhere that allows n->word == NULL or it might
> be an omission that it isn't checked. Presumably n->wlen == 0 but is
> that a length or an initial value?
>
> Could you perhaps have a more detailed look from the debugger. At least
> see what n->wlen is and ideally trace back to where o->word, n->word and
> n->wlen are set (or not set).  Does that change result in it completing
> the right thing?
>
> Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the problem on any system I have access
> to. If we can't find a bug higher in the chain, this would at least
> avoid it crashing but I'd obviously prefer to understand what's going on.

I'm having problems with shared libs and gdb on my home system, so I'll have to
try elsewhere to see if I can get you more info.  I'd be happier if we can find
the cause of the bug.  I did run valgrind, and the only thing it reported was
strncmp getting the NULL.

-FR.