Re: Spring patch clean-up: HAVE_BROKEN_TCSETPGRP and backgrounded ./configure

Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Philippe Troin wrote:
> > Shall we consider this for inclusion?
>
> I haven't actually tried this, but it looks reasonable.

Last time I've tried, it worked, I promise :-)

Things to test:

  ./configure                - should work

  ./configure &              - should work and not hang

  ./configure < /dev/null >& /dev/null
                             - should detect HAVE_BROKEN_TCSETPGRP
                               correctly (used to assume
                               !HAVE_BROKEN_TCSETPGRP if test ! -t 0)

  setsid ./configure         - run without a tty, should complain and
                               request to use --with[out]-tcsetpgrp

  echo ./configure | at now  - same as above

Also, the part that I have not tested: run all the above on a host for
which HAVE_BROKEN_TCSETPGRP is true...  Which arch, I dunno... BeOS maybe?

Phil.