Re: PATCH: `try' syntax

    Hi Bart :)

 * Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> * How about making this work with any loop body by replacing "do" with
> "try"?  Then get rid of "try" as a standalone reserved word and instead
> use "repeat 1; try ... always ... done"

    That looks quite good to me. Makes the 'try' extension easier to
use, easier to integrate with existing scripts and a lot easier to
remember.

> * Rather than putting colons or some other unlikely character in front of
> the name, use plain words and start with them "disable"d, so that in order
> to use this syntax one must first "enable -r try always tried".  (This
> technique could apply to other extension syntax as well.)

    This looks good to me, too. I wouldn't disable it by default,
they shoudn't cause no harm. And if they do, how about 'ztry'?

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736