zsh exits after delete-char-or-list and two ^Cs

This happens with 4.0.6, 4.2.0 and 4.2.1, the first two on Linux, the
latter on Solaris.  If I use delete-char-or-list, then hit control-C twice,
the first time cancels the command-line where I hit ^D, and the second one
exits the shell.

This happens both with my normal config and running zsh -f.  With the
latter I can get the shell to exit (after using delete-char-or-list) by
hitting control-A a few times, then diddling around with the cursor keys
and typing a bit (though I can't find a consisten way of reproducing this).

Note that the shell simply exits, it doesn't crash.

Has this been brought up before?

Thanks,
Danek