Re: Any comments on users/7883 ?

 --- Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The error message for 'command -v blub' is now `no such builtin: -v'.
> Is that correct?  I don't see any documentation for the fact that the
> -v argument isn't handled when posixbuiltins is set.

The POSIX specification for command -v says: "Otherwise, no output
shall be written and the exit status shall reflect that the name was
not found." So it shouldn't print an error message.

I would have thought that -v should be handled when posixbuiltins is
set. It is only there because of POSIX to begin with.

Oliver