Re: PATCH: exit after 10 EOF's

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Peter Stephenson wrote:

> The shell is supposed to exit after 10 EOFs if ignore_eof is set.
> When zle is in use this appears to have been broken for a long time.

Actually I think that was intentional.  ZLE is able to distinguish a real
end-of-file from a press of the EOF key, so it doesn't need the failsafe
to prevent it from going into an infinite loop when the SHIN descriptor
is closed.

In other words, the shell is supposed to exit after 10 real end-of-files,
not after 10 keyboard-initiated end-of-files.

Unless I've missed or forgotten something ...