Re: UTF-8 support

David =?iso-8859-15?Q?G=F3mez?= wrote:

Seems my mail program needs some work too. :-)

> > stateful encodings. There are a few characters which are defined to
> > display as double width even in proportional fonts so keep that in mind.
>
> In what scripts happens these characters?

Chinese and Korean I believe. If you want some examples, try looking at
some of the spam that gets sent to you. I've got some examples at the
moment if you want. We might have to be careful about putting any of
that in our test scripts if we don't want to offer our Chinese users
drugs, inkjets and larger members. :)

> Shouldn't mbrlen and company only be used when an UTF-8 locale is selected?

No. They'll do the right thing if other locale's are selected: mbrlen
will return 1 in a single byte locale.

Oliver