Non-controversial patch?

I'd like to change _generic so that any positional parameters are passed
on through to _main_complete.  This would be transparent to anyone who is
already using _generic.

Among other things, this allows one to do

  zle -C call-completer complete-word _generic

and then e.g.

  foo() { zle call-completer _foo }
  zle -N foo

which I think is marginally more comprehensible than

  zle -C foo complete-word _generic
  zstyle ':completion:foo:*' completer _foo

but perhaps that's just me.

The real reason I want it is so that I can prefix certain other function
definitions with

  #compdef -k complete-word ^Xx
  if [[ -z "$curcontext" ]]; then
     _generic $0
     return
  fi

and thereby cause assorted zstyles to be applied uniformly.  Yes, I could
call _main_complete directly there, but the initial $curcontext assigned
by _generic is still convenient.

(I wonder if _bash_completions might rather call _generic as well, to
allow different zstyles for bash v. zsh completions?)