Re: bug: _store_cache and ksh arrays

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 09:54:21PM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> > I think I found a bug.  _store_cache produces wrong output when
> > both KSH_TYPESET and MAGIC_EQUAL_SUBST are set.
>
> _store_cache is meant to be called from the completion system functions,
> which are meant to execute only with the setopts in the $_comp_options
> array in effect.  Nearly all functions in the completion system assume
> those settings and make no effort to work with arbitrary combinations of
> setopts.

The bug still persists when _store_cache is called from completion
system functions (this is how I tracked down _store_cache), and I believe
that the bug can be easily reproduced.

Please consider this:

$ rm -rf ~/.zcomp*
$ zsh
$ emulate -R zsh
$ zstyle ':completion::complete:*' use-cache 1
$ perl -M<TAB>
zsh: do you wish to see all 1917 possibilities (959 lines)? n
$ head -c70 ~/.zcompcache/perl_modules; echo
_perl_modules=( 'AcidRip::acidrip' 'AcidRip::interface' 'AcidRip::sign
$ rm -rf ~/.zcomp*
$ zsh
$ emulate -R zsh
$ setopt KSH_TYPESET MAGIC_EQUAL_SUBST
$ zstyle ':completion::complete:*' use-cache 1
$ perl -M<TAB>
zsh: do you wish to see all 1917 possibilities (959 lines)? n
$ head -c70 ~/.zcompcache/perl_modules; echo
_perl_modules=( 'AcidRip::acidrip AcidRip::interface AcidRip::signals
$