Re: Strange _values completion on accept-and-menu-complete and menu selection

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

> I attach prototype patch - it adds compstate element that tells
> accept_last to skip suffix removal. It can be used in more general case
> than just _values - what I am not sure how and when this is to be set.

I wonder if perhaps another state name would be better.  "Stay in word" is
a directive, whereas everything else in compstate is, well, state data.

What if it were compstate[compound_word] and the value is the separator
character to insert?  (Or perhaps two characters, corresponding to
"compvalues -s" and "compvalues -S" in that order.)

Normally compstate[compound_word] would be unset, but "compvalues -i"
would set it based on the parse.