Re: zle separability

    Hi Frederik :)

 * Frederik Eaton <frederik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> dixit:
> I'm writing a shell and I'm wondering if there would be an advantage
> to trying to use zle instead of readline at least initially. My
> impression is that it has a lot of additional features (multiline
> editing?) that might be nice to take advantage of, but I'm not sure
> how hard it would be to separate it from the rest of the zsh code.

    I was told once that zle was tightly coupled with the rest of the
shell code. My interest was using zle as a general purpose line
editor (for example for building frontends). Bad luck, because zle is
really *great* and, IMHO, better than readline...

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736
http://www.dervishd.net & http://www.pleyades.net/