BUG? Zsh does not print the last line of stdout of a child process if that line does not have newline char at end. BUG?

Title: BUG? Zsh does not print the last line of stdout of a child process if that line does not have newline char at end. BUG?

I have encountered unexpected zsh behaviour which looks like a bug. At the same time it is so basic that others must have seen it before, so maybe it's not. I would appreciate some clarification.

Basically, if the last line in the output of a command executed from the zsh command-line does not have the terminating newline character, then the line is not shown by zsh. Here is a simple test one can try:

$ echo -n gogi
$

On other shells, e.g. bash, the behaviour is as expected:

$ echo -n gogi
gogi$

Any comments? Please CC directly to my e-mail address, as I am not a regular reader.

Thanks,
--
Denis V. Batalov