Re: Good, easy to use, upstream defaults for zsh (i.e. improving usability)

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 05:44:39PM +0200, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> I hear what you're trying to do, but a Z-shell isn't a fish (wow,
> that was a horrible pun),

I am with Keir on this one.  A large minority of the sys admins at my
school use zsh.  In an effort to make converting easier they provide a
pretty usable default environment.  When I first logged in, I was
like, "What they heck!  This thing is totally broken.  Why is this
doing such and such?  Where is such and such?"  Once I figured out
what they where doing, I just added *one* new option to my .zshenv:

setopt NO_GLOBAL_RCS

Done deal.  Now new zsh-converts get a usable environment that they
can choose to customize or simply use as is, and I'm happy because
none of their stuff effects me.

--

Regards,

Travis Spencer