Re: [Brian May] zsh random behaviour

On Jul 14,  1:44pm, Brian May wrote:
} Subject: Re: [Brian May] zsh random behaviour
}
} I assume you mean the thread starting at
} <URL:http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2005/msg00690.html>.

Yes.

} Or is it a matter that zsh is getting confused when the first process
} returns 255, and aborts because it thinks the program was killed due
} to a signal?

Yes, again.

} Also, there was the comment "...this only effects interactive shells",
} but it my case I first encountered the problem in a shell script.

It extends from interactive shells to processes run by interactive shells.
It depends on zsh's notion of what process is "in the foreground".